|USCIS has set forth a schedule for resuming its 15-calendar day Premium Processing service for certain I-129 and I-140 petitions:
June 1, 2020:
· All eligible I-140 Immigrant Petitions for Alien Workers. This includes pending I-140 petitions that were filed before June 1, 2020 and new I-140 Immigrant Petitions.
June 8, 2020:
· Cap-exempt H-1B petitions that were filed before June 8, 2020. This includes H-1B extensions, H-1B change of employer petitions, H-1B amendment filings, H-1B petitions filed on behalf of cap-exempt petitioners, and H-1B petitions filed on behalf of beneficiaries who have already been counted against the H-1B cap; and
· Non-H-1B petitions that were filed before June 8, 2020 and are eligible for Premium Processing Service. This includes L-1, O-1, P-1, and TN petitions.
June 15, 2020:
· New cap-exempt H-1B petitions that are filed on behalf of:
1. Cap-exempt employers;
2. Beneficiaries who will work at cap-exempt entities such as an institution of higher education or non-profit research education or governmental research organizations; or
3. Beneficiaries who benefit from an H-1B cap exemption based on a Conrad/IGA waiver.
June 22, 2020:
· H-1B cap petitions (including fiscal year 2021 cap cases), including any pending H-1B cap petitions.
· All other nonimmigrant categories that are eligible for Premium Processing Service. This includes L-1, O-1, P-1, and TN petitions.
Clients who are interested in upgrading their pending I-140 or I-129 petitions to request Premium Processing Service, or are interested in filing new I-140 or I-129 petitions using Premium Processing Service should contact their attorney at McCown & Evans for further assistance.